1 – How to register a SIM card.
2 – Unsuccessful SIM card registration payment.
3 – Card activation for online purchases.
4 – USSD codes.
5 – SIM activation.
6 – SIM porting.
7 – Airtime recharge.
8 – Monthly contract.
9 – Update of debit order information/failed debit orders.
1 – How to register a SIM card:
Please ensure that your bank card is activated for online purchases (see point 3 below).
Click here to watch video or read how to below.
- Click on the register tab.
- Only select “yes” if you have a SIM card in your possession and have already paid the R50 cash to the sales representative. Otherwise, select “no”.
- Select if you would like to port your number.
- Select your bank.
- And click on continue.
- Fill in the billing details and other fields.
- Upload a clear photo of your ID/Passport and recent proof of address (please ensure that this is not older than 3 months).
- Insert your TymeMobile sponsor ID (e.g. FT4050633). By doing so, the system will recognise that you will be placed beneath your referrer in the network.
- Create your own TymeMobile username and password, this will be used each time you log onto the TymeMobile website to make purchases of airtime and products.
- Check your order details, specify shipping options.
- Should you not be in personal touch with a sales representative the SIM can be couriered to you at an extra fee of R100 via a courier company.
- View cart details to ensure your order amount is correct.
- Accept the T’s & C’s.
- Scroll down and proceed to Payfast.
- If you cannot proceed to Payfast, double check that all the fields are completed properly. When you scroll up to the top of the page, it will display which fields are missing.
- At this point you will be redirected to the Payfast secure payment gateway.
- Insert your bank card number.
- Enter your cardholder details and CVV number which is the last 3 digits as it appears on the back of the card.
- Click on pay.
- A one-time pin (OTP) will be released to your phone to authorise the transaction.
- Once authorised and payment is successful, you are now part of the FreeTalk network.
2 – Unsuccessful SIM card registration payment:
- In the instance a payment does not go through successfully (perhaps due to bank card not being activated for online purchases – see point 3) do the following:
- To complete payment at a later stage do not create a new profile simply log into your profile with the same username and password as created upon the initial sign up and proceed with the transaction from the checkout cart.
- Log in with the username and password initially created.
- Go to your checkout cart.
- The R150 Smart recharge package will still be displayed.
- Click on the product and proceed to checkout.
- Fill out the details on the online registration form again – you will not be prompted to put in an FT number or create username and password again as this would have been done before.
- Agree to the website terms and conditions.
- Proceed to paygate.
3 – Card activation for online purchases:
Ensure that your card is activated for online purchases. If not, you will incur issues at the payment gateway and your transaction will be unsuccessful.
Capitec Bank Cards:
Capitec cards need to be activated for online purchases. Follow the steps below:
Capitec Activation for online purchases:
- Log into your Capitec app on your phone.
- Choose cards.
- Sign in with your Remote PIN.
- If you have more than one card, choose the card you want to use.
- Tap Update Limits.
- Tap Update.
- Enter your daily limit for Online / Telephone / Mail Purchases to accommodate the R150.
- Accept the agreement.
Capitec recurring payment:
- Capitec bank does not have a recurring payment functionality. You will have to set a stop order for the R200 smart recharge to go off monthly to the following account:
- Bank: ABSA
- Account holder name: IPL Solutions (Pty) Ltd
- Account number: 4092593734
- Account type: cheque account
- Branch code: 632005
- Ensure you have a cheque account or credit card and NOT a savings/debit card with standard bank in order for the R150 to go through on the payment gateway.
- Log into your standard bank application.
- Click on “manage cards”.
- Click on “card settings”.
- Swipe the “make online purchases” button.
- Scroll down to Card limits.
- Tap EAP (electronic account payment) limit.
- Up the limit to accommodate the payment of R150.
First National Bank
- Log into your FNB application on your phone.
- Click on cards.
- Click on activate for online secure.
4 – USSD Codes:
- Your new number will be e-mailed to you.
- Dial *140# to convert Airtime to Data and check balances.
- Dial 144 to setup your voice mail.
- Dial *111*cell number# to send a please call me.
5 – SIM activations:
- Allow 3 working days for the SIM to activate.
- After 3 working days, restart your phone for the SIM to register.
6 – SIM Porting:
- Contract numbers cannot be ported.
- Allow 7 working days for a port to be successful. Continue using your current SIM card until it shows no connection then insert your FreeTalk SIM which will be activated.
7 – Airtime Recharge:
To upload Airtime to your account please log into your profile online via
wwwtymemobile.co.za and purchase your chosen amount. Airtime can also be purchased via the TymeMobile application which can be downloaded from Playstore (App store will be available in future).
- If you are unable to purchase airtime online due to no data etc. send a “please call me” dial *111*064 593 9985# and we will upload R15 airtime to enable you to purchase your airtime online.
- Please note this R15 airtime will be deducted from your next airtime purchase.
- Please allow up to 24 hours for airtime to reflect.
8 – Monthly contract:
- All R200 debit orders / stop orders are scheduled to go off automatically on the 1st of each month from the account linked to the card used to register.
- If recurring payments / debit orders fail to go through (due to no funds in the account etc.) you will lose access to your investment portal and airtime recharge functionality until your TymeMobile account is up to date. (Please see terms and conditions for debit order and commission payment rules).
9 – Update of debit order information/failed debit orders:
- To update debit order details or make payment of a missed R200 debit order, send a Whatsapp to 0645939985 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org and we will call you to update card details and re-process the card for the outstanding amount.